At the YMCA of the Suncoast, we believe in developing spirit, mind and body. We know massage therapy isn’t just a method to relieve discomfort. It can help you feel human again. Whether you suffer from muscular discomfort, tension, aches or a sports injury, massage therapy can help. It helps maintain the body in better condition, prevents injuries, boosts performance, breaks down scar tissue and reduces anxiety. Let us be your helping hands.
MORE THAN JUST RELAXATION
Massage therapy isn’t just “me time.” We have 30, 60 or 90 minute massage therapy sessions. Or purchase a package for 3 to 10 hours.
Studies continue to prove the physical and emotional beneﬁts of even one therapy session. As the health beneﬁts are proven more and more, so does the number of people who seek therapy. Find out for yourself just what massage therapy can do for you!
Beneﬁts of Massage Therapy
• Maintains the body generally in better condition.
• Prevents injuries and loss of mobility.
• Cures and restores mobility to injured muscle tissue.
• Boosts performance.
• Extends the overall life of your sporting career.
• Promotes deeper and easier breathing.
• Increases tissue permeability.
• Strengthens the immune system.
• Opens micro-circulation.
• Improves posture.
• Reduces pain.
• Reduces anxiety.
• Increases sense of well-being.
• Decreases inﬂammation.
• Decreases headaches.
• Helps insomnia.
Beyond the beneﬁts for speciﬁc conditions, some individuals enjoy massage as it can be part of complementary and alternative medicine. It can give a sense of comfort and caring.